Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Working on it

So, I had another sewing project I had to complete before I could make my apron. So, I finished it yesterday. I will post pictures of it here. So, now I am working on my apron. Let me just say this, the instructions and illustrations are fantastic. The pattern is printed on thicker than computer paper, but not as sturdy as cardstock. So I traced the pattern onto tissue paper and then pinned it to my fabric and cut out. I am so happy. I am actually pretty far along in the making part, but I have not gotten to the fine detail work of hand stitching that it will require. I think then I will be slow moving. But, even in pieces it is looking good! YAY!
So, I have the treat basket from here and they only make liners for Valentines, Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Nothing for the summer months. So, I made one, a little late for the whole summer, but I moved this summer. It is not even close to greatness, but it will work. I won't even show you the inside. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angie said...

How in the world do you find time for all of this? You absolutly amaze me! Keep up the handy work and keep posting about it. I'm in awe and you are inspiring me to do more. :)

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

Looks great!!!.....so when should I start receiving things in the mail :)

I tell you what...you are REALLY making me want to learn to sew!