Monday, February 2, 2009

what is in a name?

So, over at the dailydigi Janet had another template.... Love it! She wanted us to write about how someone got the name they have. I wrote about our dog, Jack. It is such a sweet story. I am so glad to have him in our family. Everytime I see him I am reminded about a wonderful day in our family life. It brings tears to my eyes to think about.... Enjoy!
Journaling:

one day {dd} came to me and said,"my daddy is going to bring me a little black dog named jack from iraq." what?! the whole thing rhymed, but i don't think she noticed. when talking to {dh}, he said we should do it. i got to work quickly and found a really cute miniature schnauzer. the plan was to have the kids spend the night at the christensen's house the night {dh} came home from iraq. we needed time to be {us} after not seeing each other for 9 months. the next morning, we met the breeder and got jack. when we got back to the christensen's, i went inside to get the kids while {dh} waited outside with jack. {dd} was so excited to see the dog. but the best part was when she saw her daddy. she threw herself into his arms and wouldn't let go! this was so special to all of us. what is even better is the little black dog named JACK from iraq. we couldn't have asked for a better dog!


CREDITS: template: janet papers & staples & frame: parker by Digital Design Essentials jack name plate and small arrow: firstcar by baersgarten

No comments: