Thursday, December 4, 2008

sewing

So, I have been sewing up a storm! Well, actually my crafty friend has been sewing up a storm with only minimal questions. We each have 2 munchkins, although one of hers is a pre-teen. Don't kill me Crafty Friend. I think I need a new name for her. I like how my old YW leader is islandmom and I need one for this friend. I digress.

So, with 3 girls and 1 boy running about. I finished a gift for my wonderful sister-in-law. Helped my Crafty Friend make a couple of aprons, made invites for a few things (YW in excellence, PTA bingo), went to Grandpa's house for turkey day, set up Christmas and took millions of photos. Then, Tuesday night I had the crazy idea to make an apron for my cousin as a birthday/hostess gift. Off to the fabric store yesterday morning with Crafty Friend. We get into so much trouble there. Got the fabric, washed it (very important!), cut out the pattern, worked like a little bee worker. Then, this afternoon it was done! I made the whole thing in 24 hours! WOW! I need pictures. Crafty Friend took them and I need her to email them to me. I will put it up when I get them.

Oh, and big pat on the back to Craft Friend, she has completed the 4 aprons that she needed to have done in less than 2 weeks! AMAZING!

And another round of applause for her, she hasn't ever sewn before and she is a PRO! I like to think she owes it all to me, but no, not at all. She is a great seamstress! I did teach her a few of my tricks, so I can say I helped her.





This is Crafty Friend and I.... Just thought you would like a photo of who I am talking about!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hooray! I am so famous now from your blog!

Sounds like you guys have bee doing a crazy amount of sewing! I'm impresed.

Angie said...

Way to go Crafty Ladies! I need a crafty friend to do fun things like this with. :) I can't wait to see the other pictures.